Need Help?

Regional Translation Service (free; aimed at Japanese residents)

We can help you translate your local documents into Portuguese or Chinese to help foreign residents understand local neighborhood rules and customs (trash rules, disaster prevention, announcements, etc.).

※ Free translation services do not apply to private/personal information or commercial documents.

For more information: 越前市市民自治推進課 電話 0778-22-3293

EIA Consultations (free; aimed at foreign residents)

Foreign residents with questions or trouble relating to life in Japan (trash rules, disaster prevention, school or university questions, etc.) can consult with EIA staff.

Languages: Portuguese, Chinese
Available Times: Monday through Friday (except holidays) 9:00 am to 4:30 pm

※ If you call ahead to set up an appointment, we will be able to help you faster.

EIA Community Interpreter Service (aimed at foreign residents)

For residents who are uncomfortable using Japanese, we can arrange interpreter services during consultations. To use an interpreter you must set up an appointment in advance.

Languages: Portuguese, Chinese

※ The interpreter will meet up with you at the designated meeting place.
※ Interpretation services are free, but we may ask that you provide transportation costs. City hall and health center services are within walking distance of the EIA. In other situations, public transportation can be used.